Position title: Communications Coordinator
Position type: Full time, salary ($38-41K) + benefits
Location: Arcata, California
Application deadline: June 17, 2022
Are you an energetic and outgoing person who loves to work in teams? Do you have a love for nature and want to advocate for its protection? The Environmental Protection Information Center (EPIC) is looking to find the newest member of our team! EPIC has worked for the protection and restoration of Northern California’s ecosystems since 1977. You would join a professional team of lawyers, policy experts, and activists to protect forests, wildlife, and clean water.
EPIC is looking for a Communications Coordinator (“Coordinator”) to help better tell our story to both the public and funders. At EPIC, you would develop media content for numerous platforms, produce exciting and engaging events, represent EPIC before members and the public, and advocate for the conservation of our local ecosystems.
Qualified and motivated applicants should submit a resume and cover letter by June 17, 2022 to Tom Wheeler at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Communications Coordinator Position.” Applications will not be reviewed until after the June 17th deadline. Start date July 2022.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Coordinator develops and implements strategic, creative and effective marketing and communications programs to inform and engage members, stakeholders and other audiences; support fundraising; and grow the organization’s membership base—all to advance EPIC’s conservation objectives. Specific responsibilities include:
• Develop and create media for EPIC’s website, newsletter, social media, and other platforms and venues.
• Represent EPIC at events, engaging and informing EPIC members and the general public on the work of the organization.
• Design engaging events and fundraisers for the organization, including our annual Fall Celebration fundraiser.
• Maintain and manage our member database using SalsaEngage and SalsaCRM.
• Develop and coordinate bulk mailers
• Assist with administrative tasks such as mail, organizational structure, and merchandise
• Other related duties as identified.
As the Coordinator, you must be a team-player, professional and well-spoken. You must also be highly organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously. It is important you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal abilities as you will often be the “face” of the organization.
• Bachelor’s degree desired.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, including proficiency in grammar, editing, and proofreading.
• Ability to synthesize information and translate it into engaging written work.
• Highly organized, detail oriented, high level of initiative and ability to work independently and collaboratively.
• Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Collegial, upbeat, personable team-oriented working style, able to thrive in a small office environment.
• Prior event planning experience.
• Knowledge and experience with social media platforms and strategies.
• Experience working with Wix, Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and Canva.
• Ability and willingness to work some evenings and infrequent weekends due to attendance at special events including occasional travel.
• California driver’s license and personal auto insurance.
• Ability to stand on feet up to eight hours per day.
• Ability to lift and carry boxes weighing up to 40 pounds.
• Ability to work with sensitivity and without discrimination towards peoples of diverse cultures, races/ethnicity, socio-economic positions, ages, religions, genders, physical/mental challenges/disabilities, and sexual orientations.
• Must embrace EPIC’s mission and programs to protect and restore the ecosystems of Northwest California, with an emphasis on equity, diversity, and inclusion.
COMPENSATION AND REWARDING BENEFITS
Salary range is $38,000 – $41,000 per year depending on qualifications and experience.
At EPIC, you will be part of a small but powerful team of activists. We place a high priority on our team members and prioritize flexible schedules and a sane work/life balance. We will ask you to give us your very best every day, and will challenge you with interesting work, stretch assignments, a collaborative and supportive work environment, and plenty of learning and growth.
In addition to our flexible schedule and living wage pay, EPIC will also provide the following benefits:
• Medical/Rx and Dental insurance
• Paid parental leave
• Retirement program with employer contribution
• Paid time off including holidays, vacation, personal, sick time, bereavement and pay for jury duty
• Opportunity for travel
E-mail a cover letter and resume to email@example.com, with subject line “Communications Coordinator Position.” Position open until filled, start date of July 2022 preferred. No phone calls please.
The Board of Directors of the Environmental Protection Information Center (EPIC) recognizes that issues of social justice, human rights, and environmental justice are inextricably linked to our mission to protect and restore Northwest California’s environment. In recognition of this interrelation, EPIC will work with local marginalized communities to stand up for environmental quality and social justice, to expand the conservation movement to include communities that have been historically excluded, and to promote dialogue and increased understanding. EPIC will further make efforts to maintain a Board of Directors that reflects the broad environmental concerns and issues affecting Northwest California, particularly those of marginalized communities.