Position title: Development and Communications Coordinator
Position type: Full time, salary ($31-35K) + benefits
Location: Arcata, California
Application deadline: April 1, 2019
Are you an energetic and outgoing person who loves to work in teams? Do you have a love for nature and want to advocate for its protection? The Environmental Protection Information Center (EPIC) is looking to find the newest member of our team! EPIC has worked for the protection and restoration of Northern California’s forests since 1977. You would join a professional team of lawyers, policy experts, and activists to protect forests, wildlife, and clean water.
EPIC is looking for a Communications and Development Coordinator (“Coordinator”) to help better tell our story to both the public and funders. At EPIC, you would develop media content for numerous platforms, produce exciting and engaging events, represent EPIC before members and the public, and advocate for the conservation of our forest ecosystems.
Qualified and motivated applicants should submit a resume and cover letter by March 31, 2019 to Tom Wheeler at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will not be reviewed until after the March 31 deadline.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Coordinator develops and implements strategic, creative and effective marketing and communications programs to inform and engage members, stakeholders and other audiences; support fundraising; and grow the organization’s membership base—all to advance EPIC’s conservation objectives. Specific responsibilities include:
• Develop and create media for EPIC’s website, newsletter, social media, and other platforms and venues.
• Represent EPIC at events, engaging and informing EPIC members and the general public on the work of the organization.
• Design engaging events and fundraisers for the organization, including our annual Fall Celebration fundraiser.
• Maintain and manage our member database.
• Develop and coordinate bulk mailers.
• Other related duties as identified.
As the Coordinator, you must be a team-player, professional and well-spoken. You must also be highly organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously. It is also important you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal abilities as you will often be the “face” of the organization.
• Bachelor’s degree desired.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, including proficiency in grammar, editing, and proofreading.
• Prior event planning experience.
• Ability to synthesize information and translate it into engaging written work.
• Highly organized, detail oriented, high level of initiative and ability to work independently and collaboratively.
• Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Collegial, upbeat, personable team-oriented working style, able to thrive in a small office environment.
• Knowledge of social media platforms and strategies.
• Experience working with WordPress, Microsoft Office, and Adobe Creative Suite
• The successful candidate will be a hard worker, and creative problem solver.
• Ability and willingness to work some evenings and infrequent weekends due to attendance at special events including occasional travel.
• California driver’s license and personal auto insurance.
• Ability to stand on feet up to eight hours per day.
• Ability to lift and carry boxes weighing up to 40 pounds.
• Must embrace EPIC’s mission and programs to protect and restore the forests of Northwest California.
COMPENSATION AND REWARDING BENEFITS
Salary range is $31,200 – $35,000 per year depending on qualifications and experience.
At EPIC, you will be part of a small but powerful team of activists. We place a high priority on our team members and prioritize flexible schedules and a sane work/life balance. We will ask you to give us your very best every day, and will challenge you with interesting work, stretch assignments, a collaborative and supportive work environment and plenty of learning and growth. In additional to our flexible schedule and living wage pay, EPIC will also provide the following benefits:
• Medical/Rx and Dental insurance
• Paid parental leave
• Paid time off including holidays, vacation, personal, sick time, bereavement and pay for jury duty
• Opportunity for travel
E-mail a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Position open until filled. No phone calls please.