Environmental Protection Information Center
Position Title: Bookeeper
Reports to: Executive Director and Board of Directors
Location: Arcata, California
Salary and Benefits: Compensation commensurate with experience
Commitment: 6-8 hours per week
The Environmental Protection Information Center (EPIC) seeks a full-charge bookkeeper.
The Bookkeeper works with the Executive Director and Board of Directors to ensure EPIC’s finances are managed in a logical and responsible manner using generally accepted accounting principles. This person will be responsible for keeping a complete set of records of financial transactions of EPIC while providing for the legal requirements necessary to maintain non-profit status. The bookkeeper shall provide clear and understandable financial reports to the EPIC Board of Directors.
1. Verify and enter details of transactions using QuickBooks computer software from sales slips, invoices, check stubs, inventory records, requisitions and other appropriate items.
2. Balance books, reconcile accounts, and compile reports to show statistics such as cash receipts and expenditures, accounts payable and receivable, profit and losses, grants and contracts, and other items pertinent to the operation of EPIC.
3. Administer payroll, disburse payroll taxes, and complete quarterly and annual state and federal payroll reports.
4. Oversee the process of filing state and federal tax documents by a licensed Certified Public Accountant. Complete other state and federal tax reports as required.
5. Provide specific information on grants and contracts by implementing a system to track grant and contract income, expenses, invoicing, and reporting.
6. Provide quarterly financial reports to board and staff.
Knowledge of accounting practices, good computer skills, and strong with Microsoft Excel and QuickBooks. Minimum of two years of experience working as a full charge bookkeeper or accountant with references provided. Experience with non-profits preferred. All candidates must demonstrate the ability to work with a volunteer organization and a desire to assist EPIC in furthering their mission.
E-mail a cover letter and resume to Natalynne@wildcalifornia.org. Position open until filled. No phone calls please.